Kalamazoo DBT is a team of highly trained therapists who provide Dialectical Behavior Therapy, or DBT, to the community. DBT is an evidence-based therapy developed approximately 30 years ago to help persons who struggled with suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Since
that time DBT has become one of the most researched psychotherapies in existence, and its use has expanded to help people
with emotion dysregulation issues, personality disorders, eating disorders, substance use disorders, bipolar disorder, severe
depression, PTSD, and the list continues to grow.
Frequently Asked Questions About DBT and Certification:
- Why does certification matter? Because DBT is a complex form of therapy that is designed to treat patients with difficult to resolve disorders. Certification lets clients know that their therapist is certified as adherent to the DBT standards, and gives the clients the best chance to overcome their challenges.
- How do I know if my therapist is certified or certification-eligible? Certified DBT therapists are listed at: The DBT-Linehan Board of Certification site. You can also ask your therapist if they are pursuing certification.
The Kalamazoo DBT Team:
- Gary Snapper LPC LLP (Team Leader and Certified DBT Therapist)
- Dawn Bouaouad LLP (Certified DBT Therapist)
- Victoria Cane LP (Certified DBT Therapist)
- Kim Yore LPC
- Andre Wayne LLP LLPC
To find out more about DBT click
on the links below:
animated description of DBT...
behind a DBT skill...